License Application Forms & Fees
The license fees and license periods are determined based on the market segment to be serviced. Other than application fees, other requisite fees include; initial operating fees, annual operating fees, access fees for spectrum and annual spectrum fees. Annual Licence fees are subject to a monthly interest of 2% where it remains unpaid ninety (90) days after it becomes due.
- Application Form For Community Network and Service Provider License 1-TL-8
- Application for Private VSAT Licence- TL-4.4
- Application for Submarine Cable Landing Rights - TL 6.4
- Application for Satellite Landing Rights - TL- 5.4
- Application for Telecom Personnel Licence - TL- 1.5
- Application For Telecommunications Contractors Licence- Form TL- 2.5
- Application Form for BPO Dot KE Subdomain Name Registrar Services-TL 7.2
- Application Form For Electronic Communications Services1-TL-3.7
Fees for broadcasting services in Kenya are charged according to the license category and the location of service delivery.
Postal and Courier Services
Postal and courier license fees are charged based on the service to be offered, format and area of service. The attendant fees are highlighted below:
|License Category||Application Fee||Annual Operating Fee 0.4% of Gross annual turnover or the figure below in KSHS whichever is higher||Period of payment||Length of license|
|Public Postal Operator Responsible for USO with widest international and domestic networks||5,000/=||500,000/=||On/or before 1st July of each year||25 Years|
|International Operator Operates internationally with domestics and worldwide networks||5,000/=||100,000/=||On/or before 1st July of each year 0.4% of annual turnover whichever is higher||15 Years|
|National Operator An operator within Kenya||5,000/=||30,000/=||On/or before 1st July of each year 0.4% of annual turnover whichever is higher||15 Years|
This categorization and accompanying license fees are reviewed from time to time.
Postal and Courier Application Form
- Download the Postal and Courier Application Form
Procedure for Licensing Postal and Courier Operators
Type Approval of Communications Equipment
Eligibility, application procedures and general conditions for numbering resources
All licenced operators that require numbers for their operations, are eligible for assignment of numbers from the national numbering resource.
Organizations intending to become licenced under the Act and whose granting of the licence has been agreed in principle and require numbers for planning, may seek reservations of numbering resource for a maximum period of three months. End users and service providers requiring numbers shall seek secondary assignment from those eligible. These secondary assignments should be done in line with the principles of transparency, non-discriminatory and equitable access, for those with rights to assignments of numbers from the Authority.
All licenced Mobile operators shall be eligible for administration of Short Numbers with leading digits 2 to 8 to own customers licenced to provide service to the mobile operators end users for text messaging.
The administered short numbers shall also be liable for an audit process. Short codes in the series beginning with 1 and 9 are designated for customer services and emergency services and are only assigned directly by the Authority.
If interested in applying for numbering resources, the following are the relevant forms:
Access the Numbering Management System here.
Frequency Spectrum Resources
Frequency Spectrum Fee Schedule
Frequency fees are charged based on the type of service to be offered, the license fees are as indicated in the document below:
If interested in applying for radiocommunication services, you are required to fill out the relevant application form in line with the service you wish to provide.
- Application to Establish a Radio Network Form (CA-F-FSM-01)
- Application for Amateur Radio License-Form (CA-F-FSM-02)
- Application for Frequency Assignment and License in the Fixed and Mobile Radio Communication Service (CA-F-FSM-03)
- Frequency Transfer Application Form
- Application for Frequency Assignment in the Sound Broadcasting Radio Communication Service (CA-F-FSM-04)
- Application for Frequency Assignment in the Digital Television Broadcasting Radio Communication Service CA-F-FSM-05
- Radio Network Declaration Form (CA-F-FSM-06A)
- Declaration for Fixed Mobile Trunked Fixed Wireless Access Networks Form CA-F-FSM-06B
- Application for an Aircraft Radio License (CA-F-FSM-11)
- Application for Maritime or Ship Radio Station License Form (CA-F-FSM-15)
- Radio Interference Complaints Form CA-F-FSM-16
- Self-Declaration of Configuration and Size of Radio Alarm Network CA-F-FSM-19B
- Application for Individual Authority to use Citizen Band Radio License Form CA-F-FSM-24
Electronic Certification Service Provider (ECSP)
|ULF Licence||Application Fee(Kshs.)||Initial License Fee||Annual Operating Fee (Kshs.)|
|Electronic Certification Service Provider (E-CSP)||5,000/=||100,000/=||0.4% of annual gross turnover from licensed services or 80,000/= whichever is higher|
All prospective applicants for the Electronic Certification Service Provider (ECSP) are required to fill the following applicable form: